I believe strongly in equipping the next generation of creative thinkers, and I have a particular passion for working with dedicated young writers. I periodically offer a Creative Writing course for 9th-12th graders in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, although at present no classes are in the works. Drop me a line if interested in a future class, and see below for more details.
~ * ~
YOU ARE A WRITER.
You have worlds to build and pages to fill. You love words like most people love breaths.
You are a young writer, but the “young” matters less than the “writer.” You may be published, may not.
You may have taken creative writing classes before, may have a grasp of the basics of craft, or may scribble down stories in secret.
You want to be challenged but not demeaned, encouraged but not coddled. You want someone who gets you, who will be in your corner and pull you up when you feel beaten down, and who has the professional experience to coach you and your writing to the next level.
I’ve done this before, and I’d be honored to do it for you.
The Fiction Writing Workshop covers:
- Structure vs. form
- Tension & conflict
- Writer’s block
- Editing / revision
- Ph.D. in creative writing – fiction (2012)
- Professional book editor and ghostwriter (over thirty published books)
- University-level writing instructor: 16 classes taught at the University of North Texas
- Managing Editor of internationally-recognized journal Studies in the Novel
- Certified public school teacher (EC-12 special education, 2006)
- Private tutor and writing coach
- Engaging activities and writing exercises
- Study of craft / building your writer’s toolkit
- Works of fiction composed for class (short stories or novel chapters)
- Peer review in a workshop setting
- Extensive, detailed instructor feedback
At present, no classes are currently being offered.
Interested in signing up for announcements about future classes when available?
Drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.